Access to sustainable water and sanitation remains a central issue to development of India. Despite serious commitments from successive governments and civil society, challenges in sustainability and usage of the infrastructure created, efficient and effective decentralization, and reaching out to those normally excluded still exist. Established in 2010, the Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) ensures that safe water, sanitation and hygiene becomes a reality for all, including the poorest and excluded communities of our country. We work in close coordination with the government, and the non-governmental organisations, groups, campaigns and clubs to broaden the base of programmes in the field and enable greater local relevance and impact.
JSCF is promoted as an Indian not-for-profit under Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956 and is an associate member of WaterAid International. JSCF will also work to broaden the range of activities that WaterAid India currently undertakes or supports as a liaison office of WaterAid (UK).
- We will promote and secure poor people’s rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation.
- We will support governments and service providers in developing their capacity to deliver safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation.
- We will advocate for essential role of safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation in human development.
- We will further develop as an effective global organisation recognised as a leader in our field and for living our values.
- Empower the excluded and marginalised in India to access safe and sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services as their right.
- Support government and other service providers in developing capacities to improve WASH delivery as a right for the excluded and marginalised in the country.
- Assist institutions of the legislature and judiciary to improve the policy and legal environment for citizens to realise WASH services as their right.
- Influence relevant government institutions and programmes as well as external support agencies to mainstream safe and effective WASH services for the excluded and marginalised in projects and programmes in the country.
- Influence key civil society networks and movements to reflect aspirations of the poor for rights to WASH.
- Live our values and further develop ourselves as an organisation that demonstrates leadership, and champion the rights of the excluded and the marginalised.
Financial Year 2017-18
Financial Year 2016-17